From the moment you walk into our showroom, through to the final handshake following when the job is done, you deal only with Classic Tile + Stone’s expert in-house staff.
We avoid using subcontractors at every stage of the installation process, which keeps us 100% accountable for our work. That means you can rest assured knowing that your Ottawa countertop, bathroom vanity or tile flooring installation will go perfectly, every time.
- Our technician will arrive at your residence between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM on your scheduled date to measure and assess your project.
- Any new cabinets must be installed prior to the creation of a template. All cabinets must be level to ensure a proper installation. Classic Tile + Stone will not be responsible for complications arising from cabinetry that is not level.
- Please have your selected sink and faucets available on-site so our technician can bring the templates (or sink) back to our shop. Inform our technician of any additional cutouts, or holes, and their specified locations.
- If you are ordering granite backsplash, please specify the height. The standard is 4 inches, however, due to any existing tile or wallpaper this may be insufficient. Please consult with our technician regarding this detail.
- Ask our technician where the seams will be located on your project, if any are required.
- If you have any additional questions regarding the project, please ask while our technician is at your home and can address them on-site.
- Our installers will arrive at your residence between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM on your scheduled installation date. We will make every effort to inform you, if we are experiencing any unexpected delays.
- If applicable, please ensure your existing Ottawa countertops, sinks and faucets have been removed. With advance notice, Classic Tile + Stone can provide you with a removal and disposal service at an additional fee on your sales order. Please note that our installers take great care during their work, but there is a risk of damage to walls and wall treatments during the process.
- Our installers are not licensed plumbers: therefore an installation only includes the mounting of the sink to the granite. Allow your sink to cure for 24 hours before your professional plumber completes the necessary plumbing.
- Dust may be an issue if any cutouts or polishing is required on-site (cook top, faucet holes, etc.). We recommend that you close off the installation area, including any air circulation vents. This step will help our representatives leave a clean environment, especially in open-concept areas.
- During winter months, please ensure your entrance is completely clear of snow and ice. We appreciate salting or sanding to prevent any slipping.
- Please create a clear pathway to the installation point in your home, removing any throw rugs, plants, pet dishes, wall hangings, etc.
- For safety reasons, our installers will wear footwear during the complete installation process.
- When your installation is complete, you will sign a completed worksheet. Our installer will collect the final balance owing, or your credit card details.
- Do not use any chemical based cleaners to clean your natural stone counters. Use only warm water and soap.
- Your counters will come sealed. It is recommended that you seal granite at least once a year.
Still have questions about our installation process? Contact us today by filling out the form to the side, or give us a call at 613-749-1045.